7 Common Uber Problems
- They might leak your information to the government and they don’t have a great history of respecting users‘ and drivers‘ privacy.
2. How much your Uber will cost you is constantly surprising you, as residents and travelers in Mexico City on a high-pollution day can attest. Between fare hikes (after dropping them so low there was outcry about drivers’ ability to make ends meet), the question of tips and the ever-unpopular surge pricing, Uber’s simple interface belies the many factors at work to create a “dynamic pricing model” that benefits one actor: Uber.
3. There’s a global alliance to destroy them. Which makes it sound a lot like an action movie and, spoiler alerts, Uber is the bad guy.
5. Uber’s communications and PR team has always been really into misdirection.
6. If your town or city tries to regulate them in anyway, they threaten to just leave.
7. They’re somehow very like, but much less lovable, than Ron Swanson.